From "Creed," by Dom Helder Cámara

I want to believe that the whole world

Is my home, the field I sow,

And that all reap what all have sown.

I will not believe that I can combat oppression out there

If I tolerate injustice here.

I want to believe that what is right

Is the same here and there

And that I will not be free

While even one human being is excluded.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Birds Flyin' High...Sun in the Sky...Breeze Driftin' on By

So I graduated. Other blog posts for less fantastic times will be about how the next few months are the "deep breath before the [Nicaragua] plunge" or how I'm moving to Portland (yay/yikes) and won't see LMU or my SoCal friends for very much longer. But for now, I have turned in my thesis (though it's not quite "done;" I'll post it when it is), I have stuffed my keyboard/surfboard/clothes/vacuum into my Mazda and moved into my best friend's house for a week, and I am FREE.
I have time. To waste. To look through photos instead of taking them. To make lists of books I want to read. To stare into my friends' eyes and fully and genuinely listen. To BLOG!
There are a few sentiments which describe how I feel, but I think the orgasmic musical explosions of MUSE and Michael Buble do it best in the song both of these videos feature.
Enjoying it while I can...and while sinking in to the Lowers' flannel couch at their pristine Camarillo home, watching The Fellowship of the Ring at 12:22a.m. Ah, it's good being free.

No comments:

Post a Comment