From "Creed," by Dom Helder Cámara

I want to believe that the whole world

Is my home, the field I sow,

And that all reap what all have sown.

I will not believe that I can combat oppression out there

If I tolerate injustice here.

I want to believe that what is right

Is the same here and there

And that I will not be free

While even one human being is excluded.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Second Week of Work Report!

The USB onto which I had uploaded a well-planned blog isn´t working, so you´ll have to wait until sabado for my introspection. OHNO. Until then, here´s a run down of my work placement!

I´m out the door and on the bus by 735, and by 755 I´ve walked the half mile through a poor barrio called El Recreo...I´ve taken photos of the area and will post them shortly...to the Life-Generating Project where I work. My days have consisted of dusting toys and book shelves, re-binding books, painting chairs and offices, and cataloguing donations, all in preparation for the kids, who will start coming in next week. I´ve also been busy with community and spirituality nights with the fab four (me, Tobin, Thomas and Sean) and with learning guitar.
Stay tuned until Saturday, when I´ll be a little more complete regarding the last month or so!

I´m still happy and healthy and thinking of you.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are happy and healthy. Keep it that way. Love, Blanca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our little hippy with a touch of sparkle, learning guitar!!!

    ReplyDelete